Crow Helps Pass Major Infrastructure Package to Fund Critical Investments
Congressman Jason Crow today helped pass through the House of Representatives the Moving Forward Act, a comprehensive funding bill which will invest in transportation, water infrastructure, housing, and create millions of new jobs. The legislation, which passed with bipartisan support, includes nearly $500 billion in federal funding for surface and rail transit over five years, and invest about $1 trillion more in housing, education, tax credits, and clean energy projects.
“In Colorado, we’ve seen firsthand how our infrastructure has failed to keep up with our rapid growth and the strains that puts on our community. The Moving Forward Act is a bold solution to our country’s infrastructure needs and will help ensure we are investing in equitable public transportation access, clean energy, the electrical grid, water infrastructure, and affordable housing while promoting job growth across sectors,” said Crow
- Rebuilds our highways, bridges, transit, rail, airports, ports and harbors by investing to improve safety and resilience, reduce gridlock, tackle transportation sector emissions, expand equitable public transit access and options, and create millions of quality jobs.
- Promotes investments in our communities by spurring private investment through the tax code, through a revitalized Build America Bonds program, expansions of Private Activity Bonds, and significant enhancements to the New Markets Tax Credit and the Rehabilitation Tax Credit. It also includes a version of Crow’s SAVE Energy Act, which extends a tax credit for homeowners to invest in energy efficient home upgrades.
- Encourages communities to embrace innovative solutions through expanded pilot programs for vehicle miles traveled (VMT) fees and transit-oriented development.
- Expands affordable high-speed Internet to underserved communities with investments that promote competition, connect children to remote learning, close broadband adoption and digital skills gaps and improve affordability.
- Invests in additional community-based infrastructure projects through significant and critical investments in schools, clean energy, affordable housing, health care and hospitals, safe drinking water and wastewater infrastructure, and the postal service.