Join Our Team
Constituent Advocate Position: The Office of Representative Jason Crow (CO-06) seeks a Constituent Advocate for the Aurora, CO Office. The ideal candidate is highly-organized, detail- oriented, friendly, has strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This position will have a significant focus on casework and facilitating communications between constituents and federal agencies. This position acts as a liaison to federal, district, and local agencies on behalf of constituents and answers casework correspondence with constituents. A successful candidate for this position will be empathetic, able to listen actively and problem solve, and be comfortable documenting casework progression in a database. This position will monitor and update the Member and District Director on district and local issues. The position will report to the Deputy District Director and District Director. The Office is an equal opportunity employer, and as such is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Constituent Advocate” in the subject line by February 26th, 2020. No phone calls, faxes, or walk-ins, please.
- Acts as the representative for the Member within his or her area of responsibility including answering casework correspondence, meeting with constituents, verbal communications with constituents, and serving as a liaison with federal, district, and local agencies;
- Informs the Member and the District Director of all happenings in his or her assigned issue areas by screening district media sources and interacting with constituents;
- Handles casework assignments;
- Continually screen active cases and acts as a liaison with constituents to ensure that their cases are handles in a responsive manner;
- Maintains up to date files on all cases and categories of information of importance to the office;
- Acts as a liaison to local, state and federal officials and other persons or groups to form effective relationships for the Member and constituents;
- As assigned, will represents the Member and office at local events, meetings, etc around the community;
- Drives the Member or other staff as needed
- Assesses casework for problems requiring legislative action and makes recommendations to the Constituents Services Director and District Director;
- Monitors scheduled district meetings for the Member with constituents.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Member, staff, and constituents;
- Participates in weekly casework check in with their managers;
- Works well under pressure and handles stress;
- Accepts performance-based criticism and direction;
- Works a flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline to apply is the 26th of February.